Sunday 18 October 2009

New Tudor Inspired Pieces

My fondness for all things old and ancient, on occasion, if I am lucky, can lead to inspiration for new pieces of jewellery. Now has been one of those times. I found myself inspired by Tudor timber beamed buildings with their fabulous black timbers and whitewashed walls. Coincidently, I was asked to do a piece for a function in lime green and black and decided that these colour would lend themselves nicely to this Tudor inspired design. These pieces are made using faithfil ol' herringbone stitch and when finished, will be simple circular necklaces, or collars, that will sit comfortably on the collar bone.  As the deadline for the commission is very short (it has to be done and gone by Thursday and only found out about it yesterday) both pieces are ongoing.


For those with a love of numbers, I casually calculated that each piece, once completed, would have used approximately 5,000 seed beads and 30 meters of thread!

1 comment: